We carry shipments on an explicit understanding with the client regarding certain terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are clearly mentioned on the flip side of the Consignment note (consigner copy) to bring it to the immediate attention of our clients.
There is a need to understand the Terms and Conditions in order to avoid issues related to our services. These are as follows:
Excel InterGlobal Courier (EIGC) (hereafter referred as the Company) has accepted the consignment from the consignor under the explicit understanding that the following terms and conditions are acceptable to the Consignor.
1. All consignments are booked by the Company from the Consignor in good faith in respect of the contents thereof. The consignment should not contain any such items or material which are prohibited or contraband by law. In the event of the consignment containing the said items or material, the consignor agrees and undertakes to indemnify the Company in respect of all claims made by the third party in respect of the said terms of material. Further, the said material or items sent by the Consignor shall be solely at the consignor's risk as to the costs and consequences thereof.
2. The Consignor warrants to the Company that the description of goods as noted on this Waybill and contract confirms accurately to the actual contents of the goods and it does not contravene the provisions of the Law.
3. The GCC Waybill is non-negotiable and the consignor acknowledges that it has been prepared by the Consignor or by GCC on behalf of the Consignor.
4. The Consignor shall be solely liable for all costs, expenses, penalties, action proceeding (which shall without limitations include any other charges leviable by any Central/ State/Local Authorities) related to the Consignment.
5. Automatic Risk Coverage is ensured for documents and parcels limited to actual loss of USD. 5000/- and USD. 10,000/- respectively, whichever is less. Consignor shall not be entitled for a claim, if he holds a marine policy.
Automatic Risk Coverage Surcharge shall be applicable for non-documents valued over USD. 10,000/-. Non-documents valued between USD. 10,001/- to USD. 20,000/- shall be charged USD. 5/- and an additional USD. 5/- for every multiple of USD. 10,000/- or part thereof, up to a maximum limit of USD. 100,000/-. Value limit of acceptance is USD. 100,000/-.
For contracted clients, the same risk surcharge shall prevail and should be settled at the time of bill settlement. Claims, if any, shall be settled within 60 days from the date of receipt of evidence of expenditure and other paperwork to include a) a letter of claim
b) consignor copy
c) declaration / invoice copy
d) an undertaking from the client that he has no marine policy.
6. No claim will be accepted beyond a period of ninety days from the date of booking of the consignment, nor shall any communication be entertained by the Company beyond the above period. Further, all the records of the delivery and other connected documents will be destroyed by the Company after stipulated period herein above.
7. All freights shall be accepted for transportation by Air and / or by Surface.
8. Any dispute arising between the parties as to the performance or non-performance of the foregoing terms and conditions shall be subjected to the Federal laws jurisdiction.
9. While the Company will endeavor to exercise its best efforts to provide expeditious delivery of the consignment in accordance with the regular delivery schedules, the Company shall not under any circumstances be liable for delay in delivery of the said consignment, regardless of the cause of such delay. Further, the Company shall not be responsible for consequences arising out of delay in delivery of the said consignment; and no claims whatsoever in that regard shall be entertained by the Company at any point of time.
10. The Company reserves its right to refuse the booking of any consignment without assigning any reason whatsoever. Further, all the consignments should be booked in open condition, and the Company shall not book any sealed consignments.
11. The Company shall not book any consignment containing
. Hazardous Chemicals
. Radioactive material
12. The Company shall under no circumstances accept any bearer drafts or cheques. All drafts and cheques should be crossed. Account Payee before booking the consignment and the Company shall not be responsible for any mishap in respect thereof. In the event of demand draft being lost in transit, the Company shall bear the actual expenses incurred by the consignor for obtaining duplicate demand draft or maximum up to USD. 5,000/- whichever is less (see Cl. No. 2)
13. The Company reserves its right to refuse delivery of any consignment if proper acknowledgment is not given, such as signature, Company seal, date and time of delivery. Further, the address of the Consignee should be given with Pin code Number as well as the telephone number to enable prompt delivery and easy identification. No Post Box address shall be entertained by the company. Further, no proof of delivery shall be given by the Company in respect of Post Box, tenders and Government documents.
14. At the time of booking the consignment, the Consignor shall be required to fill in a declaration form stating the value of the consignment and giving detailed description of the material.
15. In the event, the company is required to pay any levies in respect of the consignment booked by the Consignor the same shall be paid forthwith by the consignee, failing which, the Company shall be within its rights to withhold the delivery of the said consignment.
16. The Company does not accept Share Certificates and whoever sends it will be doing it at their own risk and responsibility and in no way Company will be held responsible for the same.
17. Consignments booked under COD, are offered to limited clients and the value mentioned is not the declared value of the consignment and would not be liable for claim.
18. Unless until specified the delivery will be made only to the consignee at his doorstep only.
19. The Company reserves the right to change the clauses mentioned in the terms and conditions without any prior notice.